Defending Your Innocence & Working to Avoid Severe Penalties
Though you may have been warned by a friend or someone you know who has gone through this, you are likely still experiencing an overwhelming sense of stress after being arrested for Driving Under the Influence (DWI) or Driving While Ability Impaired (DWAI). It’s important you know that you don’t have to face this alone; our dedicated defense attorneys know what it takes to beat these charges.
We work to help you prevent the following DWI / DWAI consequences:
- Jail time
- Extensive fines
- Suspension of your license
- Potential loss of employment
- Potential loss of a professional license
- Difficulty obtaining housing or approval for loans
These charges are serious. Work with an experienced Loveland DUI defense team today by calling (720) 809-8310 and discussing your case in a confidential consultation.
Potential Defenses for DUI / DWAI Charges
Many individuals who are charged with DUIs/DWAIs seem to think that there is no way around it, and that they must submit to the court’s will whether, they are innocent or guilty. The truth is, this is a criminal charge much like any other, and for the prosecution to successfully win their case, they need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It is the defense’s liberty to challenge the evidence against you and weaken the prosecution’s case.
Defenses for driving under the influence or while ability impaired could include:
- Challenging the arresting officer’s probable cause to investigate your possible impairment
- Challenging the administration of the sobriety tests you took roadside
- Challenging the results of the blood or breath devices used to measure your intoxication
- Challenging the prosecution in their certainty that it was you behind the wheel
These is not an exhaustive list of the potential defenses against your charge, but several steps can be taken to weaken the state’s case against you or begin negotiation of a “soft landing” in the event a plea bargain is the best decision in your case.
We don’t back down. We help you through this event from start to finish and with your best interests at the forefront of every decision we make. Call our offices today at (720) 809-8310 to get started.