What Should I Do if My Ex Violates the Child Custody Agreement?

  • Child Custody
  • , Divorce
  • , Family Law
May 11, 2017

Court orders are to be taken incredibly seriously, which is why it is a serious issue if your ex violates the existing custody order. This happens most commonly if your child’s other parent fails to drop of your child at the designated time, fails to pick him or her up, or otherwise breaks the rules of the agreement. If your court order is being violated, there are a number of steps you can take in order to fight back against this injustice.

Firstly, you should call the police in order to document this violation and proceed with this situation as legally as possible. Next, you should reach out to one of our Longmont family law attorneys of Jorgensen, Brownell & Pepin, P.C. in order to proceed with a plan of action regarding the current situation. Our legal team can help you take the next viable step, which may or may not be to file a motion with the court. If your child’s other parent continues to violate the order, you can file for contempt of court, as well as requesting for your attorney’s fees and other costs to be included in this motion.

If your ex has violated the child custody agreement, it is essential you seek justice on behalf of your child. These agreements have been put in place in order to protect your child and promote his or her growth, and is it crucial you

Contact Our Longmont Family Law Attorneys Today

At Jorgensen, Brownell & Pepin, P.C., our legal team is dedicated to helping you with any number of your family law concerns. We know how stressful and debilitating it can be to struggle with your child’s other parent, and our Longmont family lawyers want to do everything possible to make the entire process as efficient and effective as possible.

To speak to a member of our firm, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling (720) 491-3117.

Get The Help You Need

Get JBP Legal’s experience on your side. Contact us for questions or a consultation.