Video & Phone Consultations Available – Don’t Let COVID Delay Your Rights
We’ve Helped Thousands of People JUST LIKE YOU
For All Locations, Call:

Partition Action Lawyers in Colorado

Pursuing Optimal Results for Our Clients

In the rural areas of Colorado, vast tracts of property can go years without notice, only to suddenly have two or more entities claiming title and demanding to know who owns what. Other times, land must be divided up among individuals or entities that simply cannot agree on a determination of ownership interests.

In hectic times like these, our Colorado real estate attorneys at Jorgensen, Brownell & Pepin, P.C. put their experience and skills to work to achieve optimal results for their clients. Should you find yourself in just such a position, do not waste valuable time waiting to see what might happen. That is exactly what the other side is hoping you will do.

Call us today and let us tell you how best to protect your interest in valuable property – (720) 809-8310

Can I Force a Sale of Co-Owned Property?

Yes, Colorado has a partition statute that allow one co-owner (tenants-in-common or joint-tenants) to petition the court to have a commissioner appointed to either divide (large acreage) or sell the property and split the proceeds on a contribution basis. The process usually involves the co-owners bidding against each other before the land is offered for public sale. The process is particularly useful to get rid of a nesting relative in estate property or to untangle property held by non-married couples.

For More Information, Contact Jorgensen, Brownell & Pepin, P.C.

If you would like more information about partition actions and your options, we are readily available to answer any questions you may have. We have 30 years of solid legal experience and an impressive track record. The success of those we represent is extremely important to us.

Please call us today to learn more about how our firm can assist you.

We've Helped Thousands of People

People Just Like You
  • Working with you, John and Yhosseni has truly been an honor.

    Working with you, John and Yhosseni has truly been an honor. 

    - Anonymous
  • The smartest thing I ever did was to hire JBP.

    “The smartest thing I ever did was to hire JBP. My legal team at JBP worked extremely well for my unique situation.”

    - B.E.
  • I ended up with more than I expected

    “He handled it great (5 stars) kept me informed all the way which I really appreciated.”

    - Anonymous
  • You did a terrific job of assisting me with my legal issues

    “You did a terrific job of assisting me with my legal issue...I will definitely recommend you and your firm to anyone needing expert legal assistance.”

    - M.T.
  • I am so grateful

    “In this very challenging time, I am so grateful to have my home and much of the reason I do is your firm's hard work for me in 2017-18.”

    - D.H.
  • Larimer County Bar Association
  • Weld County Bar
  • Boulder County Bar Associations
  • Super Lawyers
  • BBB A+ Rating
  • NAELA Member
  • Colorado Trial Lawyers
  • Colorado Bar Association

The JBP Difference

Jorgensen Brownell & Pepin
  • Compassionate in Our Approach
  • Dedicated to Your Case
  • Committed to the Colorado Community
  • Over 30 Years of Experience
  • Full-Service Law Firm

Get in Touch

Contact Our Team Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.