Colorado Slip & Fall Attorneys
Knowledgeable About Premises Liability Law
In the state of Colorado, property owners and managers are responsible for keeping their property safe. Whether the landowner is a private citizen, government entity, or business, landowners owe certain duties to people who enter their property. When landowners and property controllers are negligent in this duty, they can cause someone to suffer a serious accident, which is often a slip and fall accident.
At Jorgensen, Brownell & Pepin, P.C., we carefully examine all the evidence available in order to determine who should be held liable for a slip and fall accident. This allows us to hold negligent property owners responsible for their oversight and pursue compensation to cover victims' damages, which may include medical bills, lost work wages, pain and suffering, and more.
You deserve maximum compensation after a slip and fall accident that was not your fault. Call (720) 809-8310 now.
What Commonly Causes Slip & Fall Accidents?
The underlying cause of most slip and fall accidents is the negligence of the landowner. However, it is possible to get more information about what happened by paying attention to the details, particularly what tangible issue caused your slip or trip and fall. With our investigative abilities and decades of combined legal experience, our Colorado slip and fall accident lawyers are ready to dive into the details of your case and build you a claim that gives you the strongest chance of securing a settlement or verdict in your favor.
Slip and fall injuries can result from many hazardous conditions, including:
- Snow and ice: Colorado is cold most of the year, so there is no excuse for shopkeepers, homeowners, and other landowners to allow snow and ice to buildup in front of their properties. They should have known better!
- Uneven and cracked sidewalks: Local municipalities can be held responsible for any trip and fall accidents that happen on public sidewalks due to uneven or cracked pavement. It is not your responsibility to take care of the city’s walkways, after all.
- Slippery floors: In retail stores, slippery floors are a frequent menace to shoppers and visitors. If you slipped in a retail or grocery store, we want to know about it. Even if there were signs warning of a spill, you could still have a claim.
- Poorly lit areas: Areas open to the public or to a welcome guest should always be well lit. Otherwise, any number of trip or slip hazards could be missed among the shadows.
- Missing handrails: Stairs and steps of all sizes and designs should be accompanied with handrails to assist visitors when ascending or descending. Forgetting this basic safety feature is negligent and could put liability on the property owner in the case of a fall.
Ready to move forward with your case? Call (720) 809-8310 for an initial consultation.
If you are injured on someone else's property, turn to our firm for help as soon as possible. Premises liability cases can be complex and often involve negotiating with multiple insurance companies to get to a conclusion. At JBP, our Colorado slip and fall attorneys are experienced in premises liability and slip and fall cases. In fact, we have more than 30 years of experience and have successfully handled thousands of cases. We have the resources to determine who is responsible for your injuries and will fight to ensure you are compensated appropriately, even if we must take your case to court.
Do not hesitate to discuss your case with our compassionate legal team today.
The smartest thing I ever did was to hire JBP.- B.E.
I ended up with more than I expected- Anonymous
You did a terrific job of assisting me with my legal issues- M.T.
I am so grateful- D.H.
The service from James was professional and resulted in a satisfactory outcome.- T.W.