Longmont Construction Defect Lawyers
Representing Clients Statewide
Construction defects occur when the condition of a home or commercial property does not meet building code standards and/or when the property does not function as it should. With over 30 years of legal experience, the Longmont construction defect lawyers at Jorgensen, Brownell & Pepin, P.C. represent clients who have suffered losses as a result of construction defects. We understand the complexities and nuances involved in these types of cases, and we are prepared to guide you through the process of seeking damages. Our team represents property owners, construction firms, homeowners’ associations, and any other person or party affected by construction defects throughout the state of Colorado.
Types of Construction Defects
Generally speaking, construction defects fall in one of four main categories:
- Deficient Design: These defects occur when professionals responsible for the design of a structure, such as engineers and architects, fail to follow building codes and other industry standards. This can lead to dangerous structural issues and other potential safety concerns.
- Deficient Materials: When the materials used in the actual construction of a structure are substandard, the property may suffer from construction defects. Common examples of material deficiencies include defective window frames, improperly flashed windows, poor waterproofing, defective roofing shingles, and more.
- Deficient Construction: These defects generally involve poor workmanship by contractors and subcontractors, leading to a number of problems. Examples include improper sealing leading to water infiltration and mold growth, poor electrical work leading to increased fire risk, and improper foundation laying leading to cracks and structural problems.
- Deficient Subsurface Conditions: In Colorado, homes and other structures are often built on hills and other areas with expansive soil conditions. Without proper subsurface preparation—such as drainage installation and soil compaction—these structures can suffer foundational issues and other problems.
Examples of Construction Defects
There are many different types of construction defects, all of which can lead to potentially harmful effects. In addition to structural issues and loss of property value, construction defects can also lead to health and safety concerns for home and business owners.
Some common types of construction defects include:
- Unstable foundations
- Electrical defects
- Structural integrity issues
- Water intrusion
- Mechanical problems
- Expansive soils
- Unsealed windows and doors
- Roof leaks
- Poor or faulty drainage
How Our Firm Can Help
At Jorgensen, Brownell & Pepin, P.C., we represent landowners, construction firms, and other clients in complex construction defect claims. We can also assist you in bringing a mechanic’s lien against a general or subcontractor for substandard work and/or materials, as well as in pursuing litigation against at-fault parties. Additionally, our Longmont construction defect lawyers have experience in defending clients in housing and construction defect claims.
Regardless of your situation, we are here to answer your questions and build a personalized legal strategy aimed at protecting your best interests.
Give us a call at (720) 809-8310 to request your initial consultation with a member of our team.
Working with you, John and Yhosseni has truly been an honor.
Working with you, John and Yhosseni has truly been an honor.” - Anonymous
The smartest thing I ever did was to hire JBP.- B.E.
I ended up with more than I expected- Anonymous
You did a terrific job of assisting me with my legal issues- M.T.
I am so grateful- D.H.